Springtime is just around the corner. What better way to prepare for this busy season than to declutter your business? By organizing your space and figuring out what’s essential, you make room for new systems and processes that can revamp your business for spring. The difficult part of any type of spring cleaning routine is where to start, and I have some great suggestions. Here are my top 3 spring cleaning projects to get your real estate business ready for spring:
- Clean and Organize – Take a look around your workspaces and clean out anything that does not promote productivity.
- Do you have documents lying around waiting to be filed? Create a filing system and throw out any documents that you do not need. Try putting an hour on your calendar for filing every week so it doesn’t become overwhelming.
- Declutter your inbox. Are endless email offers affecting your productivity? Go through your emails and subscriptions once a week or use Unroll.me to instantly see a list of your email subscriptions and unsubscribe from there.
- As a real estate agent, it is not uncommon for your car to be your ‘mobile office’. If you frequently drive around your clients on showings, give them the best first impression by having it detailed and taking care of any maintenance or repair needs.
- Take Back Your Time – It can be difficult to take a step back and evaluate how you spend your time professionally. Do you procrastinate? Do you feel like time slips away from you? Here are some tools to help you take back your time:
- If you are spending a lot of your time on the computer, RescueTime could help you figure out where your time is going. This tool runs securely in the background on your computer and mobile device and then tracks time spent on applications and websites, giving you an accurate picture of your day. You can set alerts to go off when you have been on a certain website or app for too long or block certain sites while you are trying to complete a certain task.
- If you have trouble prioritizing tasks, 135List helps you organize your day by prioritizing a list of tasks you would like to complete. It allows you to choose 1 big thing, 3 medium things, and 5 small things to accomplish.
- Once you feel like you have your workday under control, use your extra time to grow your industry knowledge. Canyon Title offers classes to educate you on all topics in the real estate industry. Use this knowledge to better assist your clients by becoming their source for real estate related news and updates.
- Declutter Your Systems – How many tools and services have you signed up for in the past year? Could it be that you aren’t even using some of them? A great way to find out what you are paying for is to order new credit cards and see what services are contacting you to renew your payment or you can run a P&L report to view your total expenses. If there are services that you haven’t been using and don’t plan on implementing, cancel them and use this budget to refocus your marketing and automation game plan. Instead of using a ton of tools halfway, try decluttering and really utilizing one or two.
Don’t let all of these spring cleaning tips overwhelm you, the key is to tackle each project one by one and to take your time.