Leveraging Instagram for Real Estate Marketing
Instagram, a Facebook owned social photo-sharing app born in 2010, is rapidly becoming a top social media choice for real estate marketers. Due to its mobile friendliness and visually appealing content, Instagram has amassed over *400 million daily users and has highest rate of follower engagement according to Sprout Social. Among its users, Millennials aged 18-29 represent the largest demographic. If you are looking to tap into the growing segment of millennial homebuyers, Instagram is the perfect choice for your business.
Here are simple and effective tips for utilizing Instagram:
- Share images and videos of your listings. Be sure to highlight “pocket” and one-of-a-kind listings.
- Use Instagram Stories to walk your followers through open house tours or to show off an up-and-coming neighborhood
- Post testimonials and closing success stories with your network of followers
- Capture the lifestyle and amenities of local communities
- Tag vendors and partners who have helped grow your business and/or whose craftsmanship you admire
- Show off your personality! Give your followers a glimpse into your life outside of work and your interests. Keep it tasteful and light.
- Tie your posts back to your brand with consistent hashtags, imagery (logo and style of filter), and the tone of your content
Once you start posting, be sure to share your Instagram content to your Facebook page (can be set automatically) and to include relevant hashtags, but do not over do it. Keep watch of audience trends and incorporate trending hashtags when appropriate. Above all, have fun with it and be patient, building followers will take time and persistence!
To download the Instagram app, visit the Google Play or App store depending on your mobile device. To learn more about Instagram and its functionality, visit the Instagram Help page.
*According to Business 2 Business Community